Wednesday, January 30, 2008

2008 a brand new year of storytelling

Well 2008 is off to a good start. The TownAce's engine has been rebuilt. It's got a new battery and my storytelling energy has been renewed by some time near waterfalls and rivers and forest.

I wonder what wonders 2008 will bring?

We have an exciting project happening with the Indigenous Elders of the Inala Yarning Place Singers. It will finish with a concert and DVD. It's great working with Aunty Vi and Aunty Edna with K.B. and Getano Bann.

In May we're looking forward to working with Elders in the Northern Territory community of Ali Curung.

I'd really like this year to get some of my own CD's and DVD's together as well. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be great to have a little bit about the art of storytelling on there for some beginner storytellers (which I still consider myself to be)

Some contextual stuff about where and when stories were told would be cool too.

Austories said...

Hi June,
Yes I agree. Life seems so busy at the moment I don't get a lot of time to post comments. However you can find some great notes for beginner storytellers on my website at www.storytell.com.au

Some contextual stuff for you. Today I told stories to about 20 preprep students at the HillCrest Christian College at Reedy Creek on the Gold Coast. They were fairly young preprepers, not unusual at this time of year, so I chose appropriate stories from my repertoire.

I started with one of my young warm up stories, 'Little Blue Train takes the children to the zoo'. Then we had a vote on whether to have a dinosaur, a pirate or a frog story. Dinosaur one so I told The Baby Tyranosaurus Rex. Then I finished with my 'Old Man and the Drum'.

It ended up being fairly energetic and noisy after a quite start.

Regards
Daryll