Thursday, March 24, 2005

Wow what a week!

Hey, life is never dull as a storyteller.

In amongst the performances, project planning meetings and the dreaded tax book-keeping, I've just finished burning a DVD for a Digital Story about the 'Stories and Songs of Vulture Street' Project. I'm really pleased with how it looks on the TV and can't wait to get a copy to Getano who did the magic with the songs and music. He just worked so well with the members of our West End Community Storytelling Group. The lyrics for the songs just seemed to be magically created from our stories and he could then come up with a melody that fitted so well. Now sure, we were hardly Dianna Ross and the Supremes when it came to singing our songs but, what the hell, we had a really good time at the concert.

Stories and Songs of Vulture St Concert I've enjoyed getting out there on Vulture Street taking some more digital stills, putting them together with the video of the concert and some interviews and, of course, our songs, and putting them together on iMovie and then iDVD.

Now let me see, I've got a draft grant submission to write. I've got to do some preparation for some storytelling workshops for some Indigenous TAFE students down at Deniliquin in the Riverina during our Easter holidays. Type out a rough version of a couple of stories I improvised at a Family Day Care Centre this morning (before I forget them - I'm always looking for good Easter stories) and, oh yes, print some labels and covers for the new DVD.

Anyone want to be a storyteller's apprentice?

No comments: